Dec 10, 2012

"I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes . . ."

I've only met one person who doesn't like Love, Actually (and it's my BF, lucky me . . .). It's pretty much required viewing at this time of year. So I was happy to see a great article in Entertainment Weekly about the lasting power of this crowd-pleaser. Summary below:

--It didn't get great reviews when it first cam out.
--It only grossed $59 million (in other words less than half of what the last Twilight movie made opening weekend)
--Taylor Swift lists it as her favorite movie.
--The "cult of Love, Actually seems doubly remarkable given how bleak so much of it is." So true when you think about it: Liam Neeson is a grieving widower, Keira Knightley's new husband's best friend is obsessed with her, Colin Firth is cheated on with his BROTHER, Snape cheats on Trelawney, and Laura Linney puts her violent, unstable brother above her own wants and needs.
--The director gives all the credit to his casting director and people who gave him advice about casting. Which, when you think about it, is really what makes the movie. That and this:




Also, I will walk down the aisle at my wedding to this:

No comments:

Post a Comment