Dec 26, 2011

Happy Holidays!

The best laid plans . . . I thought I could totally update this thing while being a bridesmaid, moving apartments, going out of town for a week, and doing the whole holiday thing. Obviously that failed. So I make it up to you with the best holiday summary I could find.





Holiday Questionnaire

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate, although I do love Pennsylvania Dutch egg nog in coffee (it has whiskey, brandy, and rum in it, so it's not for the faint of heart)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Usually wrapped them, except for a few big items or the stuffed animals that were hard to wrap.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I really like both. We have a white deer outside, colored lights on the bushes, and our tree recently changed to having all-white lights. I used to put colored lights around my cube at work.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? I wouldn't even know mistletoe if it was hanging over me.

5. When do you hang your decorations up? Around December 10. We leave them up until epiphany.


6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Mashed potatoes. But if we can include dessert, pecan pie.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Santa visiting twice--once around dinnertime on Christmas Eve (I had to stay in the back of the house) and then coming back in the middle of the night.

8. What is on your Christmas wish list? So many household things--crock pot, area rug, and giftcards.

9. Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve?
We used to open a lot on Christmas Eve, but not anymore.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Lights and ornaments we've collected or been given over time. Love them all.

11. Snow? Love it or dread it?
Love it! We had a White Christmas two years ago, it was amazing.

12. Real tree or fake tree? We had a real tree for years, and just recently went to a fake tree (it was just easier). I have to say the fake tree has impressed me.


13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The one that I probably kept the longest was a stuffed dog named Rufus. Still have him.

14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
Spending time with family and seeing people enjoy the gifts I got them.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Oh, I see why this wasn't part of the question before. Pecan pie. And Baileys Irish Cream.

16. What is your favorite tradition?
Watching Muppet Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve.

17. What tops your tree?
An angel.

18. Do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving. Especially when it's something the person didn't ask for, but I know they want.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Hymn: O Come, All Ye Faithful. Silly: I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas, Christmas Canon, Last Christmas, Celebrate Me Home, Happy Christmas, All I Want for Christmas is You, We Need a Little Christmas, Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas time, The Chipmunk Song

20. Candy canes, yuck or yum? Neutral.

21. Favorite Christmas movie?


1. Muppet Christmas Carol

2. Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol (below)



3. Home Alone 2

4. Love, Actually

5. A Christmas Story

22. What do you leave for Santa?
back in the day, a few cookies, milk, and carrots.

23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
We wake up, get coffee etc., open presents, then relax until it's time to go somewhere or eat at our house.

24. Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
I like the occasional jaunt to the mall, but online is so easy and often cheaper.

25. Christmas letter or Christmas card? I send neither (I think I sent cards one year . . .). I do have one set of relatives that sends a ridiculous, overly dramatic newsletter that breaks down the minutiae of their year (did we need to know they bought a new car? Or where they went on their business trips? I'd love to share the details of my business trip to Idaho this fall if they're interested). But I love how creative my friends are getting with their cards this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment