Aug 31, 2011

Finding Anne of Green Gables


I promise I'm not a total bookworm, but here's another post about books (and coming up soon, a post about my new Kindle!).

One of my favorite travel bloggers (who I feel like I know since we've Skyped and e-mail kind of frequently), Kristin Luna, recently visited Prince Edward Island, aka PEI, aka home to Anne of Green Gables.

I've read a handful of the Anne books--one of my favorite books of all time is Anne of the Island--but my love of PEI came from the Disney TV series Avonlea



Did anyone ever watch this show? It was about the town of Avonlea in the early 20th century. It mainly centered around the King family--sisters Hetty and Olivia, brother Alec, and their spouses and kids. I've looked for DVDs in the past, it may be time to search again . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment