May 19, 2011

Summer Reading 2011

I'm finally getting around to adding new books to my repertoire, partly spurred by the new book club I'm in. I confess, I've always wanted to be a part of a book club, then I read the Jane Austen Book Club (which totally sucked) and I thought maybe they weren't as fun. No, just kidding, one book isn't going to turn me away from reading wihttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifth a bunch of gals. So thanks to Angela and some other ladies, we're going to be reading:



A novel based on Laura Bush's life, American Wife was pretty well-received when it came out, I'm so excited to read a book and be able to talk about it with people!

Then Borders sent me an e-mail with bestsellers at 50% off, well, I couldn't turn that down :-) I normally turn to Half-Priced Books for my reading needs, but these books were not hitting that store anytime soon.



I really don't know which one I'm more excited about. I can't wait to find out more of the story from Something Borrowed, laugh hysterically over Tina Fey's antics, or be fascinated by the science of Henrietta Lacks (yes, I'm excited about a nonfiction book about cells in a petri dish).

Check back for my reviews and a book club update!

No comments:

Post a Comment