May 16, 2011

Quotable 18 years Later

The bf and I have a movie-watching list--we each make a list of five movies that the other hasn't seen but we think they would like (my first list consisted of Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, Juno, Working Girl; his consisted of Fifth Element, Blood Diamond, Zombieland). We've moved on to list three, and the first ones up this weekend were National Treasure (his, in honor of our trip to DC) and Addams Family Values (mine)



You know how there are some movies that are just insatiably quotable (Finding Nemo, The Hangover). For my family, one of those movies is AFV. It's ridiculously clever, and while it plays off the Addams' blissful ignorance of how strange they are, it's stood the test of time. My parents and I saw it during Thanksgiving when I was in third grade and still quote it probably every time I'm home. We know it like the back of our hand, but it never fails to entertain. I was happy that the bf found it funny and that 8-year-old me had a well-developed sense of humor at that age.

If you haven't seen this, you should--rent the first one just to refresh your memory, but really look forward to the sequel that awaits you :-)

What's your quotable movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment