Apr 27, 2011

A Royal Dream Crushed

It's no secret amongst my friends that I have an affection for Prince William (to keep my freak flag from flying, we're going to leave it at "affection").



Unfortunately, Prince William appeared on my radar around the time of his mother's death. I was smitten with the 15-year old boy accepting flowers outside Buckingham Palace and following his mother's coffin during her funeral processional. The fact that he had a British accent was only icing on the cake.

My crush by numbers:

7: Number of magazines I saved over the years with William's photo on the cover
4: Number of friends who tweeted/wrote on my Facebook wall the day he announced his engagement, asking if I was ok
2: Number of years Kate and William dated before the press found out.
5: Number of Royal Wedding specials I've watched this week
6: Time I am waking up on Friday morning to watch the wedding (yes, I'll be watching it an hour late, I need my sleep)

I have to say, while I want to hate Kate Middleton, I really couldn't pick a better wife for him, unless it was me. She seems down-to-earth, funny, smart, and ready for the royal life, so I wish them a lifetime of happiness. And that I was in London for these shenanigans :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm also a bit devastated that this is finally it! All that dreamy sighing we did...

    Anywho! I'm totally with you and am very excited for the wedding and for them. I can't wait for all the festivities in just a few hours! :)

    ReplyDelete