Jan 5, 2011

The 2000s

I don't think I realized what a momentous occasion NYE 2010 was until I started reading other bloggers' posts about the past decade of their life. It was then that it hit me. The "auts" or whatever the 2000s were called were full of change:

In the past 10 years I:
--had glasses and braces (can you say "hottie")
--learned how to drive, and bought a car
--got drunk for the first time. And then repeated that time infinite. But still, did not happen until this decade.
--danced on a bar
--flew on a plane by myself for the first time (pretty sure my mom cried when she dropped me off)
--met the best friends I will ever have
--became a sorority girl (see above point for why I love this)
--moved into said sorority's house, and felt like I'd won the lottery
--lived alone and completely independently. And loved it.
--had the stereotypical college spring break
--graduated from said college
--got a first job that I love (and still have)
--got into a bad car accident, and totally knew what to do
--fell in love (awww)
--performed onstage (or a football field) many, many times
--tap-danced
--was paid to drive a golf cart
--went to 19 weddings
--ran a half-marathon (considering I HATED running, this is huge)
--had the same wonderful dog
--discovered I love veal
--discovered I really like seafood too
--found a favorite book
--had four cell phones and didn't lose any
--visited 23 states

Can't wait to see what the next decade brings.

Bring it on, teens!

1 comment:

  1. This is such an impressive list! You're awesome and I love you!

    ReplyDelete