Sin City. Considering my love of the movie "Ocean's 11", it seemed natural that I would enjoy a vacay to the adult Disney World. While I only spent 44 hrs there, I have plenty of tips to share to make your jaunt to LV memorable (or not, if that's how you want to roll)
1. Buy bottled water: the dehydration will hit you fast and furious and you don't want to worry about heat stroke while walking the Strip
2. Black-out curtains=awesome. These aren't your ordinary black-out curtains in the hotel rooms. These will make it look like midnight in Alaska (which I found out by going to bed at 6 a.m., just as the sun was rising). Just don't fling them open when you finally wake up, you'll risk blindness.
3. Relish the open container laws. Feel like a beverage while walking the Strip or just through your hotel? Why not make it an alcoholic one?
4. Know where the nearest Starbucks is. Even better, get to know the people there, b/c you will frequent it. A little sleepy after a Cirque du Soleil show? Enjoy a double shot (b/c CdS gets out at 11 at the latest, practically morning in Vegas).
5. Prepare to people-watch. It's priceless.
6. Don't go anywhere alone. This isn't a safety thing, more like a "save yourself frustration", b/c odds are your cell phone won't work (put 30,000 people in the same three blocks with cell phones and you see my point) and you'll spend hours wandering around a casino looking for the slot machine with the Brady Bunch.
7. Don't take monorail. It's pointless.
8. Jump in. Don't hesitantly make your way around the city. Just get out and experience it. And tip well.