Apr 5, 2010

Throwback Thursday (on a Monday)

As a child of the 90s, I was not immune to the phenomenon that hit every girl my age whenever a class birthday party rolled around. I'm talking about the Mini Back Pack.

You know what I'm talking about. It looked like a backpack, you wore it on your back. Yet it couldn't even hold a Barbie, let alone anything of worth (of course, at age 9, who really carried anything of worth other than some POGs?)

I sported two of such backpacks, one was larger (for those overnight trips) and purple, and the other was small (when traveling light) and dark green. Styyyyyyyyyylin.

Clearly, everyone is trying to forget these monstrosities ever existed, since I can't find a single picture of these as I remember them (maybe I can find one at my parents house somewhere, I remember carrying a salad in my purple one, it promptly leaked italian dressing EVERYWHERE)

Sigh, we remember you fondly, mini-backpack. . .

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED those backbacks. I had one that was black canvas with a brown suede flap on the top. Wow. It sounds even tackier that I remember.

    ReplyDelete