Mar 25, 2010

Throwback Thursday: Wife-beaters and Phantom Planet

Since I'm all about themes and alliterations, I'm introducing Throwback Thursdays--a nod to the my nostaligic nature (there I go with alliterations again) and share a pop culture piece of my youth.

Today, we remember infinity pools, time in juvy, and the many witticisms of Adam Brody. Of course, I'm talking about The OC.



Theme Song that was waaayyy overplayed

The show had a completely believable premise (light years before The Blind Side showed up and was nominated for Oscars)--a delinquent teen is taken in by his public defender and his family. Of course, the teen is actually a good kid, very smart, just happens to have a bit of a temper (as illustrated in the first episode when he gets into a fight, resulting in the quintessential line "Welcome to the OC, bitch").

Every week, you had something to look forward to:



Adam Brody's facial expressions. Favorite line of his "It was like I was Nemo and just wanted to go home."



Peter Gallagher's eyebrows



And lots of teen angst.

Seriously, this show had it all. From Marissa's debutante ball where her dad got punched out to the earthquake that ended the series (with Kirsten in labor of course), we saw more character deaths, weddings, overdoses, and Summer Roberts freak-outs than we could ever need.

So I leave you with this, clips from the best holiday ever, Chrismukkah.


1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I can't wait to read more throw backs! This show was epic - remember when Marissa shot Trey and we first heard "Hide and Seek" by Imogen Heap? Ha!

    ReplyDelete